The boundaries between online and offline shopping are fading away as businesses search for new models to attract customers. Supermarkets sell groceries online and, fashion stores provide endless end-less aisle capability by leveraging in-store displays or tablets. Online stores such as Amazon are looking for physical stores such as ‘Whole foods’ (in US) and the Mom n Pop shops (in India) as pickup points, to increase sales. As per statista.com, retail e-commerce sales worldwide in 2019 amounted to USD 3.53 trillion and e-retail revenues are projected to grow to USD 6.54 trillion in 2022.
In the midst of this fast-moving, gigantic growth, it is pertinent to keep asking ourselves what are customers seeking? Are these what they are looking for?
- Is it flexible and convenient delivery?
- Informative Product pages with images and reviews?
- Transparent shipping fees and payment options?
- AI chatbots and Customer Support?
The answer is a BIG YES! They seek ALL of these. However, on top of all this, the online storefront and mobile experience is expected to be faster, simpler and reliable.
According to KISSmetrics, 47 percent of consumers expect a page to load in 2 seconds or less. Kissmetrics’ analytics say that 40 percent of consumers will abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load. In 2019, nearly 70% of the world-wide shoppers left the site without any purchase. And, most of these shoppers leave if the site is slow or if the checkout takes longer.
SBP’s Omnibus Commerce Rapid Hybris provides a range of capabilities to improve customer experience and reduce bounce rate.
- Faster Pages: Leveraging the cloud technologies, Rapid Hybris provides a faster browsing experience that reduces the bounce rate and increases repeat business.
- Faster Cart and Checkout: In general, peak hours or peak days act as litmus test to understand the scalability and reliability of a storefront. Rapid Hybris offers a blazing-fast cart and checkout that makes sure that your storefront is not only available at peak hours/days but is also faster when several customers try placing orders.
- Progressive Web App (PWA): PWA provides an App-like experience and engages customers without any app download. PWA for Rapid Hybris works on iOS and Android platform and provides a faster browsing experience along with offline browsing for your storefront (for pages already visited by the customer).
- AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages): Rapid Hybris storefront is AMP enabled, which provides a basic version of your storefront pages as per AMP protocol. AMP pages are delivered faster by Google, which thereby reduces bounce rate and helps improve the storefront’s SEO ranking.
We would be glad to answer any questions you have or provide any further details you need. For a demo on Rapid Hybris, reach out to us @ getHybris@sbpcorp.com or visit https://omnibus.sbpdigital.com/rapidhybris